AAAOM representatives advocate transparency and Board members have offered assistance. I’ve got some questions, and I look forward to getting some answers!
- What is the current dues paying individual voting membership of the AAAOM and how many individual members voted in the March 2015 elections?
- How many organizational voting members does the AAAOM have, who are they, and how many voted in the March 2015 elections?
- Who was on the Election Committee supervising that election?
- Why do the new bylaws close Board meetings to members unless invited by the Board?
- Why is there such a large range (9-15) allowed in the size of the Board of Directors?
- How will the size of each Board be determined?
- A 15 person Board requires a vote of 8 for a position to prevail. A 9 person Board only needs a vote of 5. Isn’t there risk that dissenting members could be driven from (or removed from) a larger Board in order for what would otherwise be losing positions to prevail?
- Does the new provision that elections be held only for contested positions open the door for a board to manipulate elections by setting the board size?
- What or who determines whether a director’s meeting absence is excused?
- What is the hold-up in the whistleblower policy? Why has it been impossible to develop a policy acceptable to the Board over the past two years?
- In the past 5 years, how many past employees or board members have been threatened with legal action by the AAAOM after departing their positions?
- Who was on the Governance Committee in 2014, and who is currently serving on that committee?
- Are substantive changes being made in the draft legislation from the 2013 language? How is the AAAOM planning for a different outcome than in 2013?
- Who is on the expert panel reviewing the “unified competency model“?
- AAAOM 2013 990 states that annual reports are available to the public via the website. However, currently access is limited to members. Where can the public access the AAAOM annual reports?
- The AAAOM refers to itself as the “profession’s national flagship organization.” Is this similar to this Flag Ship Service Organization? Okay, just kidding on that one.
AAAOM, how about some answers?
© Elaine Wolf Komarow and The Acupuncture Observer, 2013-2033. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express written permission from Elaine Wolf Komarow is prohibited. Excerpts and links are encouraged, provided that full and clear credit is given with specific direction to the original content.